No products in the cart.
- Our Love and Spirit by David Einhorn (4:39) ASCAP
- Brothers by John Alexander (8:19) ASCAP
- Late Nights by David Einhorn (5:38) ASCAP
- Looking Glass Falls by David Einhorn (5:03) ASCAP
- The Kingdom Within You by David Einhorn (6:08)
- Peacock Blues by John Alexander (5:21) ASCAP
- Ballad by John Alexander (4:32) ASCAP
- Vento Bravo by Edu Lobo/arr. J Alexander (11:16) ASCAP
- Wonderful Sound by Nicole Yarling (7:59) BMI
Musicians: Ira Sullivan (trumpet, flugelhorn, flutes), John Alexander (saxophones, flutes), Nicole Yarling (violin and vocals), Debbie Spring (viola), Laurie Haines (cello), Don Militello (piano), David Einhorn (double bass), John Yarling (drums) with Robert Thomas, Jr. (hand drums), Peter Einhorn (guitar), Gavin Davies (drums “Late Nights”), David Murphy (drums “Looking Glass Falls” Produced by David Einhorn. Recorded at Coconuts Recording Co, Miami, FL 1983. Engineer: Eric Schilling. Cover Design: Iris Massey. Remastered by Disc Mastering, Inc., Nashville, TN 1995.
“Sullivan is, as ever, a brilliant improviser … Listeners with open minds and broader interests will find much to enjoy in this dulcet-toned, imaginatively arranged blend of sounds.” Jazz Times
“A jazz combo that’s so gifted it sounds like an orchestra.” Cleveland Plain-Dealer
“Warm, accessible yet distinctive melding of pop and jazz. Sullivan’s trumpet, flugelhorn and flutes find an alternative framework in this working ensemble, which fuses jazz quintet with string quartet.” Billboard Magazine
1985: “It is a rare treat to find an album that is unorthodox in conception, execution and instrumentation.” Leonard Feather, Los Angeles Times