No products in the cart.
- Comin’ Home Baby (6:45) by Bob Dorough
- Baby Elephant Walk (6:35) by Henry Mancini
- Harlem Nocturne (3:34) by Earle Hagen
- Be Thou My Vision (7:43) trad Irish folk ballad
- Toot Stick (5:28) by Herbie Mann
- Push Push Pull (8:29) by Herbie Mann
- Battle Hymn of the Republic (4:43) trad.
- Memphis Underground (6:19) by Herbie Mann
- Skylark (6:49) by Hoagy Carmichael
2013 The Reese Project
funk, ballad, Irish, Herbie Mann
This is TRP’s first release on VectorDisc Records. Basically a tribute to jazz flutist Herbie Mann, the featured tunes include “Comin’ Home Baby”, “Baby Elephant Walk”, “Harlem Nocturne” (the theme song from Mike Hammer), “Toot Stick”, “Push Push” (renamed “Push Push Pull” in this version!), “Battle Hymn of the Republic”, “Memphis Underground”, and “Skylark”. TRP also adds the ballad “Be Thou My Vision,” a beautiful Irish hymn to this diverse CD.
Talk about funky music! Something for everyone, from rockin’ funk, to the battle hymn, to the sweet ballads “Be Thou” & “Skylark”.
Musicians: Tom Reese (flutes), Kirk Reese (piano), Laurie Haines Reese (cello & electric cello), Glenn Ferracone (drums).